Saturday, May 3, 2008

Our Little Jack has Arrived!!!

Aaron here... Laura is a little down and out right now because The countdown is over!! Thursday May 1st, 2008 at 1:01am our little boy Jack joined our family! He is so adorable! He was 6lbs, 12 ounces and 19in. long. It was such an amazing experience! Laura started contracting around 9pm Wednesday night, the doc called to see how she was feeling and she told him about the contractions, he said we should go to the hospital, but she wanted to make sure they were real so we went on a walk and then they started coming two minutes apart! We went down to the hospital and they said she was ready to go! We got to the hospital at 10pm, and three hours later our baby boy was born. He is soooo awesome, handsome, adorable, and all of those all at the same time! Laura is feeling pretty good, but just getting her rest. She did such an amazing job, and she was up and at em the next day walking around and feeling good. It was so sureal seeing Jack enter this world. They put him on Laura's stomach and he stopped crying and was wided eyed looking all around. He is so amazing and cute! It was such an awesome experience for me being able to hold him after the nurses did all there tests and warmed him up. Words can not describe the joy. I love just holding him and looking at his face... I stayed up all night with him the first night holding him and looking at him in awe while laura got her sleep. Here are some pics of Jack and Mom, and our little family. Thank you everyone for your love and support. Laura will jump on here after she feels rested and share more. Here is our baby boy, Jack Douglas Elder

















20 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable. Congradulations! That is so exciting! Its a once in a life time experience to feel this sweet new spirit enter the world! And only 3hrs. of labor, that's amazing, the shortest labor I've ever had was 11 hrs. And Laura you look awesome! Seriously I'm not just saying that! You look so good! I wish I looked like you after having a baby. I look like crap for weeks after giving birth! I'm jealous! I'm excited about your guys' new addition to your little family! Welcome to the world Jack and Happy birthday!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Congrats!! Hes super cute!! I'm really jealous of your short labor mine was 22 1/2 hours!! You got lucky!!

Unknown said...

COngratulations!!! He is so perfect and sweet!

No fair about your quick, easy labor and delivery! Mine usually take about 10 hours plus!

Get some rest!

Moss Family said...

WOW... nice job guys on the little Jack and on the labor and delivery. That is a good way to start! He is so cute! Makes me jealous... I still have about 4 weeks left and I'm sssssooooooo done! :) Here's to living up those newborn days and getting lots of rest!

Renee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you two! Jack is soooo cute!! I'm looking forward to more sweet baby pictures! There is nothing like holding a newborn. Seriously, such a spiritual experience. Enjoy it, because before you know it they're rolling, crawling & walking. Cuddling a newborn is precious & sweet... Have FUN!

So glad that Laura is doing well...

I'm off to email Analee & congratulate her on being an Auntie (again). hee hee

Tatiana said...

YAY!! Congrats you guys. He is sooo adorable! I am so glad to hear Laura is doing well....you still look beautiful. You should have seen me after having my kids...not a pretty sight. But I am so happy for you, He is precious! Can't wait to meet your litte boy!

The Arnetts said...

Congrats, he is so adorable. I am glad everything went well. Take care.

Nibley Youth Trek said...

I am the proud Grandpa!!!! I can't wait to see Baby Jack, Aaron, and Laura on Memorial Weekend!!!

Kassey said...

Congrats Aaron, he is so cute!! Good Luck!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

congrats jack is so cute. we are so excited for you all. there is nothing better than a new sweet little spirit in your home. rest, love on him and enjoy him, because they grow up sooooo fast...

Tracy Elder said...

Wow sweet bloggin bro. Tracy, Kaelin, and I are so happy for you guys. We can't wait to come to Arizona and meet little Jack. I just know he's gonna be the coolest kid because of his parents. We love you and have fun trying to get all that black tar crap off his buttocks!

Love, Adam Elder

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

Congrats! He is adorable and Laura you do look great... it took me twice that long and I looked horrible for weeks. Can't wait to bring you guys yummy mexican food tonight... afterall it is cinco de mayo =) Let us know if you need ANYTHING... serious!

Kyle & Savannah said...

Boots I am so happy for you guys... and Jake is so cute!

Kyle & Savannah said...

my word i put Jake not Jack! sorry but i do love you guys

Anonymous said...

how fun, congrats. laura you look so dang cute still. i hate you, you still look perfect even after delivering! congrats mom and dad you guys will be awesome parents.

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!! It is amazing isn't it!! Congratulations! Love ya!
Aaron's cousin Jennesa

Cardon Family said...

Okay....I didn't even know you guys had a blog!! Jimmy called us tonight and told us that you had little Jack! He is sooooooo darling!! Such a good looking baby!! And Laura....you look so good! I am so glad that everything went so well for you guys! You are both going to be such good parents! We will have to keep in touch this way while we are out here in Virginia! Keep those pics coming!!!

Scott and Jordan said...

He is a cutie and so alert! I am sure she is so glad pregnancy is over, I know I am. Here are to many sleepless nights ahead!

Melissa said...

We are so excited for little Jack!! He is adorable!

Amy F. said...

Congrats you guys! I've been watching your blog, and finally, baby Jack is here! He is so cute, and after having a 8 lb 6 ouncer I just love little babies!! I can't wait to meet him! Take it easy (and yes, rest when you can!!).