Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm a Widow for Tonight...

Welp folks I'm officially lonely. I never thought I would say this but I hate being alone or I guess I should say without my better half. I have always been more of the independent type I should clarify...I was never a loner (not that I know of anyway)...that's not so much the case now. It's me and Jack now and we both miss Aaron's sweet little guts out. Jack is sick which does not make the situation better. It helps that my sis is in town with her hubby and their darling daughters Kate and Ruby. I shouldn't complain..they actually were evacuated out of Houston due to Hurricane Ike. Can you imagine? I couldn't. Anyway it's scary being alone especially when your a freak out artist. I have already thought of about 40 worst case scenarios. And don't worry I called the police on a guy in our complex only to have the cops come to my door to tell me he was delivering fliers... how was I supposed to know? Anyway I salute you single mothers out there. You are truly amazing. I also salute hermits because being alone is no fun, and they seem to like it just fine.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so cute, i love that you love him so much. you too are really cute about eachother. Where did he go?

The Elders said...

He is in Tucson..the arm pit of AZ for a golf tourney and work. Bleh.

Carissa Hill said...

I completely understand being alone. It sucked for 16 months when Daron was in Afghanistan. You can do it!!!

Melissa said...

I don't like being alone either...you just get so used to a routine with them involved in it!

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

you're adorable... it's funny how marriage turns previously independent women into girls who don't like to be alone... I'm the same way, lived on my own for how many years but shortly after being married hated even one night alone. calling the police on the guy in your complex is better than calling the fire department to help you! I won't go into details here but ask me... funny story. Call me if you need company or anything!

Mom and Me said...

Hi Laura,
I can relate. Actually, I know every sound at every moment of the night. The other night the doorbell rang 4 times at 10:30 and I just stayed in bed with the covers over my head. I am so excited to come Oct 9th and
10th for the big event.

Theresa said...

LETS PLAYYYYYY!!!! WHy havent you callled me???

Unknown said...

You are so funny! He'll be back before you know it!
I hate being alone too... I hear all the strange noise's and think I'm going to get robbed...

Chelsey Howard said...

You are so cute:) I never thought i would heat you say that either:) At least you know he'll be back soon:)

Ellsworth Family said...

That post was hilarious. You probably totally don't remember us, but we were in your ward before we moved to no-man's land in Pennsylvania! Your family looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laura... You're so funny. I've missed ya! Check out our blog. If you want. http://web.me.com/londrinadave